POLICY ON VISITATION
General Visitation Rules and Responsibilities:
- Visits will be monitored for adherence to proper use of masks and social distancing
- Infection Control Specialist will enforce staff and visitor adherence to Policy on Education
regarding the use of PPE and social distancing.
- Visitors must be screened prior to visiting for fever and other signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- Visitors must sign in and out at the main entrance of the facility ( visitor log )
- Visits will be restricted to the resident’s room or designated area.
- Visitors should wear face coverings or masks and physically distance when around other
residents or the healthcare personnel, regardless of vaccination status.
- Only 2 visitors will be allowed per visit in a semi-private room, 4 visitors in a private room. (To adhere to the
principles of COVID-19 infection control prevention and social distancing) Length of visitation can be adjusted
per resident’s needs or approval of both residents in a semi-private room.
- Proper PPE will be given to visitors when visiting residents in isolation or quarantine.
- The facility can ask a visitor to sign an acknowledgment of understanding of visitation policies
and infection control practices.
- If the Center’s county COVID-19 community level of transmission is Substantial to High, all residents and visitors,
regardless of vaccination status, they should wear face coverings or masks and keep a physical distance.
- In areas of low to moderate transmission, the safest practice is for residents and visitors to wear face coverings or
masks and physically distance, particularly if either of them are at increased risk for severe disease or is not up to
date with all recommended COVID-19 vaccine doses.
- Visitors must inform the facility if they develop any signs and symptoms related to COVID-19 within 14 days of
- The facility will notify and inform residents, their representatives, and recurring visitors of
any changes in visitation policy.
- Residents, regardless of vaccination status, can choose not to wear face coverings or masks when other residents
are not present and have close contact ( including touch ) with their visitor. (Residents or their representative and
their visitors, who are not up to date with all recommended COVID-19 vaccine doses are at risk of contracting
- Physical contact (i.e., kissing, hugging, touching) will be permitted if the resident does not have
any symptoms of any infection.
- The facility has the right to prohibit entry or discontinue any visitation if visitor refuse to comply with facility Policy.
- Visitation will be adjusted per recommendation from the CDC.